What is the International Colored Gemstone Association?
The International Colored Gemstone Association (ICA), a non-profit organization, is the only worldwide body specifically created to benefit the global colored gemstone industry. ICA was founded in 1984 and is now comprised of over 700 gem industry leaders from mine to market, including miners, gem cutters, suppliers, retailers, trade associations, gemological laboratories, academia, museums, and more, from 47 countries who are devoted to advancing and promoting the knowledge and appreciation of colored gemstones.
ICA’s global network works to develop a common language for promotion and consistent business standards necessary to improve international communication and trade of colored gemstones.
Over the years ICA has provided direct access to the source for colored gemstones and related information. There is no other international organization with the same collective access to, and knowledge about, all levels of the colored gemstone industry.
Membership in the International Colored Gemstone Association affords industry professionals worldwide the opportunity to work together to expand the market for natural colored gemstones and to resolve problem issues of the trade for the benefit of all countries.
Additional benefits of ICA membership include:
1. Join an international network of the leading dealers, cutters, and miners of colored gemstones and receive our Confidential Source Directory available only to ICA members.
2. Support the promotion of colored gemstones and the full disclosure of enhancements and treatments.
3. Participate in our biennial ICA Congress, which provides a forum to create opportunities, solve problems, make contacts, and gain knowledge of current, industry-relevant issues.
4. Receive information on the latest developments in the colored gemstone industry through ICA’s popular website, quarterly publication InColor Magazine, and monthly ICA Newsletter.
5. Receive up-to-date information from a worldwide network of ICA Ambassadors, who provide annual reports from their home countries.
6. Experience one of our ICA Mine Tours to gemstone-producing countries, such as Australia, Brazil, Colombia, Burma, Kenya, Tanzania, and others.
7. Buy or sell within international producing areas for consumer marketing and emerging markets, such as China, India, the Middle East, and Russia.
8. Exhibit in ICA Pavilions at international trade shows.
9. Network at social events in Tucson, Las Vegas, Basel, Bangkok, Hong Kong, Japan, and other locales.
10. Promote your company as a member of the most reputable gemstone organization in the world.
You can Apply for ICA Membership here: